Freelance, and Business, and Stuff: A Guide for Creatives
A start to finish freelance guide made for creatives by creatives. In this down-to-earth, easy-to-read book, you’ll learn exactly what steps to take to start and run your own creative studio without selling out or starving. Each chapter includes actionable to-do checklists and worksheets that put theory into personal practice. Whether you’re already taking on clients and wondering “Am I doing this right?” or completely new to freelancing, Freelance and Business and Stuff demystifies tried and true business systems that will set you up for success. Geared towards creatives of all types including: graphic designers, motion designers, illustrators, type designers, web designers, photographers, videographers and more. Written by Amy Hood and Jen Hood who started their own brand and type design studio Hoodzpah in 2011. “This is THE manual for creative business. Grab hold of this trusty guide to help you move through the cold, dark world that is business. Very down to earth, thorough, and easy to read with a refreshing amount of humor.” - Mitchell V.
- A start-to-finish guide that's actually enjoyable to read
- Written specifically for creatives
- Actionable to-do lists and worksheets
- Real-world tools and tactics from successful creative studio-runners
- Learn to price for value not for time
- Position yourself to attract dream clients